While we hope the ACPMP Research Foundation provides you with much of the information you are looking for, there are a number of other good resources available related to Appendix Cancer and PMP.
Because some of the links below will take you to web sites not owned or operated by ACPMP, ACPMP is not responsible for the information they provide.
If you would like to report an issue with one of these links, please email us at email@example.com.
New Patient Information
- New Patient Guide: if you've just been diagnosed, here are some steps you can take to learn more about appendix cancer and PMP to guide your decision-making and care. Click here to download our New Patient Guide.
- Appendix Cancer PMP Graphic: a visual resource sheet where you can learn more about appendix cancer and PMP in a concise and straight-forward way. Click here to download our Educational Graphic.
- ACPMP "Find a Specialist" Page: how to find an expert in the treatment of pseudomyxoma peritonei, appendix cancer and other peritoneal surface malignancies.
Patient Educational Resources
- Frequently asked questions about Appendix Cancer and PMP.
- ACPMP’s video library
- Cancer.net Appendix Cancer Guide: informative and accurate information about appendix cancer from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
Patient Support Forums
- Patient Advisory Council: ACPMP's patient advocate volunteer group works alongside the ACPMP Research Foundation to help with our mission. PAC members provide perspectives on their patient/caregiver experience, provide feedback, disseminate information to the appendix cancer/PMP community, organize local patient group meetings consisting of virtual or in‐person gatherings and more. If you’d like to contact any of our 2021 members directly, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you!
- Inspire Support Community: ACPMP's support community, providing private online support for patients and caregivers.
- Facebook PMP/Appendix Cancer Support Group: an active, patient-run, moderated private support forum hosted on Facebook for patients and primary caregivers. Be sure to answer the questions when requesting to join the group.
- RareConnect Pseudomyxoma Peritonei Community: a private support forum which offers translation services in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and many other languages, offered in partnership with NORD and Eurordis, with the ACPMP Research Foundation as a founding host member.
Appendix Cancer PMP Patient Support Organizations
- PMP Pals Network: providing caregiver and survivor support through a mentoring network system.
- Appendix Cancer Connection: patient-run site with detailed information on appendix cancer, PMP, and PSM.
- Pseudomyxoma Survivor: UK-based organization offering practical information and support for patients and caregivers.
Appendix Cancer PMP Research
- ACPMP’s published research library.
- PubMed: National Institute of Health's medical database, where you can search for appendix cancer and PMP-related research articles.
- Thomas McAvoy's research involving possible links between bacteria and cancer of the appendix.
Financial and Legal Assistance
- US National Institutes of Health - financial aid for medical treatment.
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center - tips for finding financial aid.
- Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition
- Triage Cancer - financial and legal assistance for cancer patients.
- Financial Assistance for Cancer Patients
- Legal Resources for Cancer Patients
Health Insurance Information
- HealthCare.gov: health insurance options if you are uninsured.
- The Insurance Warrior, Laurie Todd: a resource for appendix cancer and PMP patients seeking treatment and struggling with their health insurance provider.
Genomic Tumor Testing
Appendiceal Neuroendocrine Tumor Information
- Savor Health Intelligent Nutrition Assistant (INA) - free personalized online nutrition assistance.
Air Transportation Resources