While we hope the ACPMP Research Foundation provides you with much of the information you are looking for, there are a number of other good resources available related to Appendix Cancer and PMP.
Because some of the links below will take you to web sites not owned or operated by ACPMP, ACPMP is not responsible for the information they provide.
If you would like to report an issue with one of these links, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Patient Information
- New Patient Guide Page: If you've just been diagnosed, here are some steps you can take to learn more about appendix cancer and PMP to guide your decision-making and care. Click here to download our New Patient Guide.
- Appendix Cancer PMP Graphic: A visual resource sheet where you can learn more about appendix cancer and PMP in a concise and straight-forward way. Click here to download our Educational Graphic.
- ACPMP "Find a Specialist" Page: How to find an expert in the treatment of pseudomyxoma peritonei, appendix cancer and other peritoneal surface malignancies.
Financial and Legal Assistance
- US National Institutes of Health
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition
- Triage Cancer
- Financial Assistance for Cancer Patients
- Legal Resources for Cancer Patients
Health Insurance Information
- HealthCare.gov: Health insurance options if you are uninsured.
- The Insurance Warrior, Laurie Todd: A resource for appendix cancer and PMP patients seeking treatment and struggling with their health insurance carriers.
Genetic Tumor Testing
Air Transportation Resources
- Miracle Flights
- Air Charity Network
- Corporate Angel Network
- PALS Patient Airlift Services
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation
- Angel Flight East
- Frequently asked questions about Appendix Cancer and PMP.
- ACPMP’s video library
- Cancer.net Appendix Cancer Guide: Informative and accurate information about appendix cancer from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
Information on Neuroendocrine Tumors
Online Support Forums
- Inspire Support Community: ACPMP's support community, providing private online support for patients and caregivers.
- Facebook PMP/Appendix Cancer Support Group: An active, patient-run, moderated private support forum hosted on Facebook for patients and primary caregivers that includes a member-generated specialist list. Be sure to answer the questions when requesting to join the group.
- RareConnect Pseudomyxoma Peritonei Community: A private support forum which offers translation services in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and many other languages, offered in partnership with NORD and Eurordis, with the ACPMP Research Foundation as one of its founding host members.
Appendix Cancer PMP Patient Support Organizations
- PMP Pals Network: Providing caregiver and survivor support through a mentoring network system, including a specialist list.
- Appendix Cancer Connection: A great site with a lot of detailed information on appendix cancer, PMP, and PSM including a specialist list.
- Pseudomyxoma Survivor: UK-based organization offering practical information and support for patients and caregivers, including a specialist list.
Appendix Cancer PMP Research