New Patient Guide
If you've just been diagnosed with Appendix Cancer and/or Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, we're here to help.
FIND A SPECIALIST
- It is highly recommended that appendix cancer and PMP patients seek out a specialist who deals with these conditions on a regular basis before commencing treatment; visit Selecting Your Specialist to find a specialist near you.
- Visit Questions for Specialists to figure out what to ask at your next appointment.
LEARN ABOUT AC/PMP
- Learn the facts about appendix cancer and PMP, particularly about diagnosis and treatment. YOU are your own best advocate!
- Check out videos of our past educational events to learn more about these diseases and optimal treatment.
- Read NORD's reports on appendix cancer, goblet cell carcinoid tumors, and pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Review ACPMP's list of recent research relating to appendix cancer and PMP.
PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH
- Review ACPMP's updated list of active clinical trials and discuss them with your physician.
- If you have an upcoming surgery or ascites drain, donate your excess tumor tissue to accelerate research by filling out a simple online consent form—Pattern.org takes care of the rest. ACPMP has partnered with Pattern.org, to participate in the the Cancer Cell Line Project at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, with the goal of creating cell lines to speed the development of new therapies for appendix cancer and PMP.
- Ask your physician about genetic and molecular profiling of your tumor to guide treatment and determine eligibility for clinical trials.