The ACPMP Research Foundation offers the following patient and physician educational programs with the goal of increasing the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of appendix cancer and pseudomyxoma peritonei.
Regional Patient-Practitioner Symposiums
The ACPMP Research Foundation partners with institutions treating appendix cancer and PMP to host regional patient and physician focused educational symposiums two to four times per year.
These events highlight the HIPEC program at the host institution for the local medical community and give both patients and physicians the opportunity to hear about the latest developments in the treatment of these diseases. It also provides patients with the opportunity to connect with other patients in person.
Past ACPMP Regional Patient-Practitioner Symposiums include:
- Northeast - UMass Medical Center 2011-2017 (Worcester, MA)
- Mid-Atlantic - Drexel University College of Medicine 2016-2019 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Midwest - Edward Hospital 2015 (Naperville, IL)
- Midwest - University of Chicago 2018-2019 (Chicago, IL)
- Mountain West - Huntsman Cancer Institute/University of Utah 2018-2019 (Salt Lake City, UT)
- West Coast - UC San Diego 2015 (San Diego, CA)
- Southeast - Wake Forest 2019 (Wake Forest, NC)
- Virtual - Wake Forest, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Chicago 2020 and 2021 (Online, Zoom)
Physician Scholarship Program
The ACPMP Research Foundation provides scholarships to physicians attending relevant medical conferences. The scholarships typically cover the registration fee and lodging for the event. In the past, ACPMP has supported the Biennial International Congress on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies (hosted by the Peritoneal Surface Oncology Group International or PSOGI), the Annual Advanced Cancer Therapies symposium (hosted by the Society of Surgical Oncology), and the Mid-Atlantic Working Group Practitioner Meetings through this program:
- Biennial International Congress on PSMs (PSOGI) – Physician Scholarships 2014, 2016, & 2018
- Annual Advanced Cancer Therapies – Physician Scholarships 2015, 2019-2020, & 2022
- $25,000 SSO ACPMP Young Investigator Award – 2022
- Mid-Atlantic Working Group Practitioner Meetings – Physician Scholarships 2013-2017
For more information on these programs, please contact us at email@example.com.