The ACPMP Patient Advisory Council allows us to broaden our community of volunteers to contribute to our work in many different ways. We welcome patients, caregivers, advocates and supporters to become involved and to bring your ideas and enthusiasm to help make a difference for Appendix Cancer and PMP patients.
Patient Advisor Role
If selected, members of the ACPMP Patient Advisory Council (ACPMP – PAC) will be asked to provide the following services to the ACPMP Research Foundation:
- Provide perspectives on their patient/caregiver experience with appendix cancer and/or pseudomyxoma peritonei across all stages of their disease, from diagnosis into survivorship.
- Provide feedback on ACPMP Research Foundation programs and services.
- Participate in quarterly meetings to provide feedback on patient issues and receive information and materials related to ACPMP research and education.
- Disseminate to the broader appendix cancer/PMP community timely information provided by the ACPMP Research Foundation about appendix cancer, PMP, and ACPMP programs and services.
- Provide feedback on ACPMP Research Foundation brand identity.
- In collaboration with the ACPMP – PAC Coordinator, organize local patient group meetings consisting of virtual or in‐person gatherings.
If selected, ACPMP – PAC members serve for a one‐year term with the option to step down at any time. ACPMP – PAC members will be asked to join quarterly webinars/conference calls with the ACPMP team to receive patient educational materials and up‐to‐date news and information on issues related to appendix cancer and PMP, as well as to provide feedback on patient issues and concerns in our community. These calls will also serve as the platform for planning in person and/or virtual patient events for patients in your local area in collaboration with the ACPMP Patient Advisory Council Coordinator.