Rare Disease Day is a global day of awareness that celebrates our collective strength. The goal each year is to inform the general public and decision-makers about the life-altering impacts of rare diseases.
Here are some ways you can get involved and help raise awareness of Rare Disease Day and appendix cancer:
SPREAD THE WORD.
- Use the ACPMP Rare Disease Day frame on your Facebook profile picture!
- Share ACPMP’s social media connect and/or website to get the word out to your friends, family and colleagues!
- The ACPMP Research Foundation is also an active and long standing member of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and they will be hosting a few virtual events, visit: rarediseaseday.us.
- Join the virtual “Rare Disease Day at NIH” conference on Monday, March 1st at 4:10pm EST for a discussion on the importance of patient advocacy in driving research progress. Register for free and see the day’s agenda. (Use the hashtag: #RDDNIH)
- Download the Rare Disease Day at NIH app – search “NIH NCATS Events” in your App Store.
- RareDiseaseDay.org – a central hub for ALL Rare Disease Day events, materials, and more, to help you participate and amplify this global day of awareness.
- Interested in spreading social awareness while also fundraising for ACPMP? Use the instructions and tips below to host a Rare Disease Day Facebook Fundraiser for ACPMP! For more information about fundraisers outside of Facebook, please email us at email@example.com.