Hold a Fundraiser
Would you like to HOLD A FUNDRAISER to benefit The ACPMP Research Foundation? WE CAN HELP!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you have in mind. We provide planning assistance for a wide range of successful events, including creating a dedicated fundraising website to facilitate registration and donations, and we will promote your event through our mailing list and social media.
Here are some ideas:
- Facebook Fundraiser
- Encourage donations to ACPMP while also increasing visibility into ACPMP's work and mission to your Facebook Friends. Facebook also makes raising funds easy, exciting, and very secure. You can celebrate your birthday, anniversary, or for no other reason than to support Appendix Cancer/ PMP research and education in only a few clicks!
- Hold a Walk, Run, or Bike Race:
- Either participate in a pre-existing event and we'll create an individual fundraising webpage, or fundraise with a team. Or start your own walk/run!
- Check out our ACPMP Walk/Run Guidelines
- Hold a Yard Sale:
- Clean the house or garage for a cause! Enlist friends, co-workers, or family to help gather items to sell with proceeds going towards ACPMP. Advertising is the way to go!
- Golf or Mini-Golf:
- Golf events take time and resources to plan, but they are great way to raise a lot of money! ACPMP will work with you on scheduling and logistics. Mini-golf is an easier, family-friendly alternative that anyone can do!
- Baseball, Basketball, or Tennis Tournament
- Bake Sale:
- Ask people to donate baked goods and then sell them with the proceeds going towards ACPMP!
- Casual for a Cause:
- Perfect for companies that typically don’t allow “casual days” at the office. Staff will pay a fee to dress casual on a certain day. Sell a full week of casual days for more money, or every Friday of a certain month (be sure to obtain approval from management!).
- Have a Barbecue:
- Host a social event among staff, family, or friends and ask to donate a small entry fee. Make it a pot luck or a big barbecue. Make a theme, have contests, make it fun!
- Raffle or Silent Auction:
- Conduct a raffle of items, baskets, or do a 50/50 (subject to any applicable state regulations). Throw in unique items like VIP car spaces at the office, dress casual for a week, etc.
- Gather items or get them donated and display them with bid sheets then let staff/friends bid. Most silent auctions are run during other events.
- Pub Crawl:
- Prearrange for multiple bars to be involved (better if they are in walking distance to each other) and then sell tickets to participate in the event. Sell raffle tickets for baskets/prizes and also have teams where people then individually fundraise on their own behalves for the cause.
- Make a theme, make it fun!
- Charity Dinner or Gala
- Breakfast with Santa
- Have you, a friend, or maybe even a family member ever dreamt of dressing up as Santa Claus? For the holidays you can help put on this simple breakfast fundraiser to help support ACPMP.
- For example, your local Applebees offers the opportunity to collaborate in hosting this easy breakfast fundraiser.