The ACPMP Research Foundation shared an overview of recommendations and resources for appendix cancer and PMP patients regarding COVID-19 on March 13, 2020. ACPMP is here to help you navigate through this difficult time and we will continue to bring you the most relevant information regarding COVID-19 and cancer. Please also continue to follow the suggestions on prevention and care expressed by the CDC, WHO and your doctors.
Check out our new post regarding COVID-19 vaccine considerations for appendix cancer and pseudomyxoma peritonei patients.
Below are additional resources to help our patients:
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Education & Information
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) website
- Certified Nursing Assistants hand washing guide
- CDC’s Youtube Page for Informative Videos
- ASCO COVID-19 Patient Care Information
- National Institutes of Health: COVID-19 Updates
- World Health Organization: Rolling Updates on COVID-19
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Toolkit
- US Food and Drug Administration COVID-19 Patient Resources: Medical Product Shortages (drug, biologic, device), Info on Clinical Trials, and more.
- National Cancer Institute: What People with Cancer Should Know
- EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases: COVID-19 Resources
- Inspire’s Resource Page and Coronavirus Support Community
- Global Genes resources list: Government Resources, Entertainment Ideas, Opportunities for Virtual Social Interaction
- Cancer Support Community: What Cancer Patients, Survivors, and Caregivers Need to Know About the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Support Network: FAQ (English)
- Coronavirus Support Network: FAQ (Spanish)
- Our Odyssey online meet-ups for young adults impacted by rare or chronic conditions
- Facebook Appendix Cancer/PMP support community for caregivers and patients
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Managing Stress and Anxiety During COVID-19
- Happy: Online Mental Health Support
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: COVID-19 Guide, Information and Resources
- Center for Chronic Illness: Educational and emotional web-based support groups for people with rare/chronic illnesses
- Online Anxiety Support Pertaining to COVID-19
- Social Work Mental Health Resource List
- Corepower Yoga: Keep Up Your Practice
- Orangetheory: Orangetheory At Home
- Ehlers-Danlos Society: Free Home Movement Program
- Planet Fitness: Home Work-Ins
- You, Me and the Big C: Podcast
- Mayo Clinic Q&A podcast: Dr. Gregory Poland, a Mayo Clinic infectious diseases expert, answers COVID-19 questions
- Two Disabled Dudes: Podcast
- Sickboy: Podcast
- Global Genes: RARECast (Podcast)
- Rare in Common: Podcast
To our patients, caregivers and friends: If you have questions or need resources, please reach out. This is the time for family, friends and community support. ACPMP wants to assure you that while our staff are working remotely, we are still available for patient assistance.
To our supporters: You are vital to us being able to continue our work during these unprecedented times and we will continue to think about the future to propel our research and educational initiatives in safe and effective ways. Thank you.