New Patient Guide
If you've just been diagnosed with Appendix Cancer and/or Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, we're here to help.
STEP 1: LEARN ABOUT AC/PMP
- Learn the facts about appendix cancer and PMP, particularly about diagnosis and treatment. YOU are your own best advocate!
- Check out videos of our past educational events to learn more about these diseases and optimal treatment.
- Read NORD's reports on appendix cancer, goblet cell tumors, and pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Review ACPMP's list of recent research relating to appendix cancer and PMP.
STEP 2: FIND A SPECIALIST
- It is highly recommended that appendix cancer and PMP patients seek out a specialist who deals with these conditions on a regular basis before commencing treatment.
- Visit Find a Specialist to find a specialist near you, resources, considerations, and important questions to ask at your next visit.
- Gather your medical records to prepare for your initial specialist visit.
- Consider obtaining a second opinion.
STEP 3: CONNECT WITH OTHERS
STEP 4: PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH
- Review ACPMP's updated list of active clinical trials and discuss them with your physician.
- If you have an upcoming surgery or ascites drain, donate your excess tumor tissue to accelerate research by filling out a simple online consent form—Pattern.org takes care of the rest.
- Ask your physician about genetic and molecular profiling of your tumor to guide treatment and determine eligibility for clinical trials.